Thursday, July 7, 2011

Not what I want

Nothing that I do these days should be for me.  All is for Jesus and for the mission.  I'm realizing that I no longer have the choice of whether or not to be humbled, whether or not to love, whether or not to be generous.  It's all being shoved upon me, and for that I am grateful.  On my own, I am weak.  Left to my own devices, I easily slip into laziness and settling for the easy solution.  But now, I have little say in the matter.  If I want to live on campus, I must raise my salary.  To gather support, I must pick up the phone and schedule appointments.  I must meet people in frequently awkward situations and speak to them about two of the most taboo topics in our culture -- money and religion.  This isn't easy, people!!

What I'm finding in all of this, the unexpected blessing, is that people's willingness to sacrifice in order to support me is actually motivating me to work harder.  Yes, the positive reinforcement encourages me to call, ask, repeat, but even more than that I now feel a responsibility to my on-campus work, to my chain, and to the students at SDSU.

I am inspired by my mission partners.  They make me want to be the missionary that God has called me to be.  Praise God for their generosity and zeal for souls!

No comments:

Post a Comment