Friday, June 10, 2011

Meeting Him

I met Jesus tonight.  He is real.  I came to visit Him and discovered that, although I have many times offered Him all my love and my heart, I may never have truly accepted His love for me.  It's far too generous of a gift and I am so unworthy.  Elizabeth must have felt the same - "Who am I, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?"  His presence is overwhelming.  To realize that He is truly physically present - the King of Kings and Lord of Lords - only a few feet away from me is beyond my comprehension.  Why would He come to us?  Why does He love us?

Sometimes it seems that we should be strictly on our knees - or prostrate - in His presence.  And yet, Jesus' disciples sat at His feet.  They walked and talked and dined with Him.  As I struggled with this, for He is my Savior and Master, I heard His words from Scripture - "I call you friend."  Jesus does not consider us as slaves.  We owe Him all adoration and praise but must also receive His love for us.

In today's homily, Father reminded us that life is about love and that we love God, but even more importantly, that God loved us first. (1 John 4:15) This will never stop amazing me.

Jesus, teach me to love others as You have first loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment